Sunday 15 February 2015

SOTA - GW/SW-009 - Mynydd Troed


Mynydd Troed - 609m, 4 points

Association: Wales Region: South Wales
Latitude: 51 57 21 N, Longitude: 3 12 54 W
Grid Reference: SO 166293, QTH Locator: IO81JW




An early start got me to the interconnecting col between Mynydd Troed and Mynydd Llangorse by 0900 on a fine Sunday morning. The mist was still hanging over the hills, and I was surprised to see 4 or 5 runners sprinting up the towards the summit of Mynydd Troed.
It's quite a tough climb on this one but was soon setup in my favourite hollow by the trig point. The runners had disappeared and I appeared to be on my own.

Quickly setting up, I immediately heard a familiar pile up on 14Mhz. Having previously spoken with Roger, F5LKW, the night before, I was hoping it would be him so that we could have our scheduled S2S! Indeed after a few minutes it was pretty obvious that hi who it  was, and it turned out he was my first QSO of the day. We'd agreed to video each end of the activation, and this is the result!




With the successful S2S out of the way, it was time to start the day off with some 14 Mhz activating.
A good run on 14Mhz followed with a total of 22 QSO's including 2 further S2S with YO2BP/p on YO/MC-096 and OK1CZ/P on OK/PL-007.
10 Mhz and 7 Mhz netted a further 22 contacts and a solitary one on 18Mhz before packing up and moving on.
Al this achieved in a mixture of bright sunshine interspersed with times being in thick swirling mist!
Whilst not seeing anyone, a Border Collie came up and licked me on the face and promptly disappeared...
Time to depart for GW/SW-015.














No comments:

Post a Comment