Monday 20 July 2015

SOTA - Slievetrue - GI/AH-010

Slievetrue - 312m, 1 point

Association: Northern Ireland Region: Antrim Hills
Latitude: 54 43 54 N, Longitude: 5 54 35 W
Grid Reference: J 347891, QTH Locator: IO74BR


A flying visit to Northern Ireland left little time to fit in an activation.
Seeing a possible weather window for the morning of my return flight, I jumped in the car and headed for Slievetrue. It was raining by the time I put on my boots, and it got progressively worse as I climbed the hill!

Finding some shelter tucked in behind a plastic water tank, I opened proceedings on 20 metres.


After 15 minutes and 11 calls in the log, I was soaked through, the horizontal rain was getting harder, and I'd had enough! I couldn't muster up the effort to try another band - sorry.




I packed up and went home to dry out before my afternoon flight.
Two S2S with F6FTB/p on F/MC-001 and S52CU/p on S5/JA-001 saved the day from being a complete washout!




ON6ZQ Log2Map 


No comments:

Post a Comment