Sunday 31 March 2013

SOTA - Aconbury Hill - G/WB-024

Aconbury Hill - 276m, 1 point

Association: England  Region: Welsh Borders  
Latitude: 51 59 35 N, Longitude: 2 43 20 W
Grid Reference: SO 505329, QTH Locator: IO81PX

It was only a short drive away from the previous summit at Garway Hill, I quickly found a parking spot outside the village hall. This was almost directly opposite a bridlepath which leads directly to the summit. This is one of the easiest  summits to access that I've activated. At the summit I found a clearing with a rotten tree stump into which I could the pole. I ran out the antenna and launched the far end over the limb of a tree. The higher bands weren't terribly productive but we still managed a comfortable 52 QSOs with 18 DXCC before pulling the plug and heading for home.

The shack


Full logbook

Heading for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment