Thursday 2 February 2012

Altoids L Tuner


Whilst looking for some componenets to build another L tuner for an EFHW, I came across a kit at http://hamshop.cz/kits-c4/stavebnice-altoids-l-tuner-i50/

I duly ordered and it was delivered within a few days.
I've built it in a fully enclosed box so drilling mounting holes was not necessary.
I may change this as time goes on.
It works very well between 40 and 17 Metres.
15m it struggles with because of stray capacitance but just about manages.



I use EFHW antennas exclusively for portable operations, and this seems like a good addition to my current arsenal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pete,

    I realise this is an old post, but how did you find the instructions? Are they available in English, or just Czech? And if English, was it parseable?

    TNX,

    Rob
    KB7PWJ

    ReplyDelete